Did you know that Dresden is home to Raphael´s famous little cherub´s Visit the Old Masters Picture Gallery and you will discover not only the cherubs on Raphael's "Sistine Madonna" but many other masterpieces. Come and admire major works of historical importance by artists such as Giorgione, Titian, Canaletto, Rembrandt, Vermeer, Poussin, Watteau and Duerer.
Look at the magnificent interior architecture of the Old Masters Picture Gallery, designed in Neo-Renaissance style. The virtual clone of the museum is true to scale and enables you to view all 750 masterpieces in the permanent exhibition 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Find more videos like this on Friends of Dresden Gallery
- Enjoy the famous collection of historic masterpieces in a unique architectural setting.
- Meet other visitors, make new friends and discuss the gallery´s art treasures with other people online.
- Take part in art education events.
- Find the most important information about each work with one click of the mouse.
- Write about your impressions in our Guestbook.
- Visit the shop, where you can obtain free posters and clothing printed with art motifs.
There´s so much to discover! And if we have succeeded in arousing your curiosity, don´t miss the chance to visit the museum in Real Life.
The Old Masters Picture Gallery is the first museum of its kind to open its doors 1:1 in the virtual world, known as Second Life, rather than just creating a fictional exhibition. In this way, the Staatliche Kunstsammlungen Dresden are taking on the challenge of the new 3-D potential of Internet presentation and invite you to participate in a special kind of experiment.